Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Paperwork...Again

Well, the update is anti-climactic. We own the property!! But we haven't started anything. That's what we keep telling people. YAY! WE closed!! No, we haven't broken ground. :P It's such a mood-killer.

Anyhow, the financing took another week to finish out, then another week to get our draw sheet, then another few days to get the checks, then a few more days to mail the checks to the people who need them....and now....we're waiting to hear from our septic designer that he's turned his design into the county. THEN we can apply for a building permit. :) When we get the permit from county, we can BREAK GROUND.

This week I'm going to start picking out paint colors. I take a long time to decide stuff. I lovelovelove interior design, and I don't want to make any hasty decisions that I will regret. I'll only have about 1 week to paint and I don't want ANY second thoughts. I need weeks to ruminate over color choices. A friend who is an interior designer has lent me a BOX FULL of paint swatches. :)

We're also working on some landscape sketches. We're watching shows like "Curb Appeal" to get an idea of how to do some of this stuff ourselves. There isn't any part of this new home that we haven't dreamed about and schemed about. Back yard, front yard, roof, porch, inside, upstairs, great room, kitchen.......I already have dreams about walking around inside our new home. :)

1 comment:

  1. What was the OHNO about the kitchen cabinets? And, I'm the exact same way when picking out paint colors (never got to pick out cabinets or much else). Even though technically you can always do it over, paint color feels like such a commitment and you want it to be Just Right.

    ReplyDelete